- This event has passed.
Really Seeing Children – An Institute with Deb Curtis
March 29, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 30, 2019 @ 3:00 pm$30
Choose 1 day or both to attend.
Friday, March 29th – 8:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday, March 30th – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- 1 day registration $30 – Included in Friday registration is a tour of St. Vincent Early Learning Center conducted between 4:30pm and 6:00pm.
- Two day registration: $50
Lunch will be provided each day.
Deb Curtis is a passionate advocate for children and childhood and the people who care for them. She has spent the past 40 years working with children and teachers in early childhood programs, observing and studying children and brain development. Along with her current work as a Mentor Teacher at Epiphany Early Learning Preschool in Seattle, Deb also teaches teachers as a consultant and trainer in seminars and institutes all over North America, New Zealand and Australia. She is the co-author of 10 books related to working with young children.
To register after March 15th, please email Director of Early Learning, Alissa Mwenelupembe, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Ideas for the Institute
* Collaborate in Communities of Practice to consider multiple perspectives and deepen your approaches to reflective teaching.
* Learn a protocol to guide your daily decision making and your ongoing role as a teacher researcher.
* Observe learning and developmental theory in children’s daily pursuits, including sensory motor play, schema theory, complex play skills, and the development of identity and social interactions.
* Examine environments and materials to meet up with children’s developing brains
* Study various teacher research projects to find meaningful approaches and questions for your own practice.
* Envision your own inquiry questions, and think about the possible discoveries that you can make with children, families and your teaching team.
* Re-energize your spirit and rediscover the joys of working with children.